SWC BH Cardan Shaft Basic Parameter And Main Dimension
Cardan shaft is widely used in rolling mill, punch, straightener, crusher, ship drive, paper making equipment, common machinery, water pump equipment, test bench, and other mechanical applications.
1. Low life-cycle costs and long service life;
2. Increase productivity;
3. Professional and innovative solutions;
4. Reduce carbon dioxide emissions, and environmental protection;
5. High torque capacity even at large deflection angles;
6. Easy to move and run smoothly;
kN • m
|I kg. m2|| m
Packaging & Shipping
HangZhou CHINAMFG Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the design and manufacture of various types of coupling. There are 86 employees in our company, including 2 senior engineers and no fewer than 20 mechanical design and manufacture, heat treatment, welding, and other professionals.
Advanced and reasonable process, complete detection means. Our company actively introduces foreign advanced technology and equipment, on the basis of the condition, we make full use of the advantage and do more research and innovation. Strict to high quality and operate strictly in accordance with the ISO9000 quality certification system standard mode.
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in Cardan shafts relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop new models when there are new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a particular test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all customers with customized PDF or AI format artwork.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have an excellent price principle, when you make the bulk order the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
|Material:||Carbon Steel or as Required|
|Mounting:||Flange or as Per Required|
What factors should be considered when selecting the right PTO shaft for an application?
When selecting the right Power Take-Off (PTO) shaft for an application, several factors need to be considered to ensure optimal performance, safety, and compatibility. PTO shafts are crucial components that transmit power from a power source to driven machinery or equipment. Here are the key factors to consider when selecting the appropriate PTO shaft for an application:
1. Power Requirements: The power requirements of the driven machinery play a vital role in determining the appropriate PTO shaft. Consider the horsepower (HP) or kilowatt (kW) rating of the power source and ensure that the PTO shaft can handle the required power transmission. It is essential to match the power capacity of the PTO shaft with the power output of the power source to ensure efficient and reliable operation.
2. Speed and Torque Requirements: Consider the speed and torque requirements of the driven machinery. Determine the desired rotational speed and torque levels necessary for the equipment to operate effectively. Some applications require specific speed or torque ratios, while others may require variable speeds. Ensure that the selected PTO shaft can handle the required speed and torque range to provide the necessary power transfer.
3. Shaft Type and Design: Evaluate the type and design of the PTO shaft to ensure compatibility with the application. Consider factors such as the distance between the power source and the driven machinery, the need for angular misalignment, and the flexibility of movement required. Different shaft types, such as standard, telescopic, or Constant Velocity (CV) shafts, offer varying capabilities to accommodate different application requirements.
4. Safety Considerations: Safety is a critical factor when selecting a PTO shaft. Assess the safety features provided by the PTO shaft, such as protective guards, shear bolt mechanisms, or other safety devices. Protective guards should be in place to prevent accidental contact with the rotating shaft. Shear bolt mechanisms can protect the driveline components from damage in case of excessive torque or sudden resistance. Prioritize safety features that align with the specific hazards and risks associated with the application.
5. Application Specifics: Consider the unique requirements of the application. Factors such as the type of machinery, industry sector, environmental conditions, and operating conditions should be taken into account. For example, agricultural applications may require PTO shafts that can handle debris and dirt accumulation, while industrial applications may require PTO shafts with high corrosion resistance or special sealing to protect against contaminants.
6. Compatibility and Interchangeability: Ensure that the selected PTO shaft is compatible with the power source and the driven machinery. Consider factors such as the shaft diameter, spline size, and connection type. Check if the PTO shaft adheres to industry standards and if it can be easily interchanged with other compatible components in case of replacement or upgrading needs. Compatibility and interchangeability can simplify maintenance and reduce downtime.
7. Manufacturer and Quality: Choose a reputable manufacturer or supplier to ensure the quality and reliability of the PTO shaft. Look for manufacturers with a track record of producing high-quality PTO shafts that meet industry standards and regulations. Consider factors such as warranty, after-sales support, and availability of spare parts when making a selection.
By considering these factors, you can select the right PTO shaft that meets the power, speed, torque, safety, and application requirements. It is advisable to consult with experts, such as equipment manufacturers or PTO shaft specialists, to ensure an optimal match between the PTO shaft and the application.
Are there any limitations or disadvantages associated with PTO shafts?
While PTO (Power Take-Off) shafts offer numerous advantages in terms of power transfer and versatility, they also have certain limitations and disadvantages. It’s important to consider these factors when using PTO shafts to ensure safe and efficient operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of some limitations and disadvantages associated with PTO shafts:
1. Safety Hazards: One of the primary concerns with PTO shafts is the potential for safety hazards. PTO shafts rotate at high speeds and can pose a significant risk if not properly guarded or handled. Accidental contact with an exposed or inadequately shielded PTO shaft can result in severe injuries, including entanglement, amputation, or even fatalities. It is crucial to follow safety guidelines, implement proper guarding, and ensure that operators are well-trained on safe handling practices to mitigate these risks.
2. Maintenance and Lubrication: PTO shafts require regular maintenance and lubrication to ensure optimal performance and longevity. The moving parts, such as universal joints and splines, need to be inspected, cleaned, and lubricated at recommended intervals. Neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear, decreased efficiency, and potential failures. Proper maintenance practices, including regular inspections and timely lubrication, are essential to mitigate these issues.
3. Alignment and Angles: PTO shafts rely on proper alignment and angles to ensure efficient power transfer. Misalignment or excessive angles between the power source and driven machinery can cause increased wear and strain on the components, leading to premature failure. Ensuring proper alignment and angle adjustment, using adjustable sliding yokes or other means, is important to prevent excessive stress on the PTO shaft and associated equipment.
4. Length Limitations: PTO shafts have limitations on their maximum and minimum length due to engineering constraints. The telescoping design allows for some adjustment, but there is a practical limit to how much the shaft can extend or retract. If the distance between the power source and driven machinery exceeds the maximum or falls below the minimum length of the PTO shaft, alternative solutions or modifications may be required. In some cases, additional components such as drive shaft extensions or gearboxes may be necessary to bridge the distance.
5. Compatibility: While manufacturers strive to ensure compatibility, there can still be challenges in finding the right PTO shaft for specific equipment configurations. Equipment may have unique requirements in terms of spline sizes, torque ratings, or connection methods that may not be readily available or compatible with off-the-shelf PTO shafts. Customization may be required to address these compatibility issues, which can result in increased costs or lead times.
6. Noise and Vibrations: PTO shafts in operation can generate significant noise and vibrations, especially at higher speeds. This can be a nuisance for operators and may require additional measures to reduce noise levels or dampen vibrations. Excessive vibrations can also affect the overall performance and lifespan of the PTO shaft and connected equipment. Implementing vibration dampeners or using flexible couplings can help mitigate these issues.
7. Power Limits: PTO shafts have specific power limits based on their design, materials, and components. Exceeding these power limits can lead to premature wear, component failures, or even shaft breakage. It is crucial to understand and adhere to the recommended power ratings for PTO shafts to ensure safe and reliable operation. In some cases, upgrading to a higher-capacity PTO shaft or implementing additional power transmission components may be necessary to accommodate higher power requirements.
8. Complex Installation and Removal: Installing and removing PTO shafts can be a complex process, especially in confined spaces or when dealing with heavy equipment. It may require aligning splines, engaging couplings, and securing locking mechanisms. Improper installation or removal techniques can lead to damage to the shaft or associated equipment. Proper training, handling equipment, and following manufacturer guidelines are essential to simplify and ensure the safe installation and removal of PTO shafts.
Despite these limitations and disadvantages, PTO shafts remain widely used and valuable components for power transfer in various industries. By addressing these considerations and implementing proper safety measures, maintenance practices, and alignment procedures, the potential drawbacks of PTO shafts can be effectively mitigated, allowing for safe and efficient operation.
Which industries commonly use PTO shafts for power transmission?
PTO shafts (Power Take-Off shafts) are widely used in various industries where power transmission is required to drive machinery and equipment. Their versatility, efficiency, and compatibility with different types of machinery make them valuable components in several sectors. Here’s a detailed explanation of the industries that commonly use PTO shafts for power transmission:
1. Agriculture: The agricultural industry extensively relies on PTO shafts for power transmission. Tractors equipped with PTOs are commonly used to drive a wide range of agricultural implements and machinery. PTO-driven equipment includes mowers, balers, tillers, seeders, sprayers, grain augers, harvesters, and many more. PTO shafts allow for the efficient transfer of power from the tractor’s engine to these implements, enabling various agricultural operations such as cutting, baling, tilling, planting, spraying, and harvesting. The agricultural sector heavily depends on PTO shafts to enhance productivity and streamline farming processes.
2. Construction and Earthmoving: In the construction and earthmoving industry, PTO shafts find applications in machinery used for excavation, grading, and material handling. PTO-driven equipment such as backhoes, loaders, excavators, trenchers, and stump grinders utilize PTO shafts to transfer power from the prime movers, typically hydraulic systems, to drive the necessary attachments. These attachments require the high torque and power provided by PTO shafts to perform tasks like digging, loading, trenching, and grinding. PTO shafts allow for versatile and efficient power transmission in construction and earthmoving operations.
3. Forestry: The forestry industry utilizes PTO shafts for power transmission in various logging and timber processing equipment. PTO-driven machinery such as wood chippers, sawmills, log splitters, and debarkers rely on PTO shafts to transfer power from tractors or dedicated power units to perform tasks like chipping, sawing, splitting, and debarking wood. PTO shafts provide the necessary power and torque to drive the cutting and processing mechanisms, enabling efficient and productive forestry operations.
4. Landscaping and Groundskeeping: PTO shafts play a crucial role in the landscaping and groundskeeping industry. Equipment like lawn mowers, rotary cutters, flail mowers, and aerators utilize PTO shafts to transfer power from tractors or dedicated power units to drive the cutting or grooming mechanisms. PTO shafts enable efficient power transmission, allowing operators to maintain lawns, parks, golf courses, and other outdoor spaces with precision and productivity.
5. Mining and Quarrying: PTO shafts have applications in the mining and quarrying industry, particularly in equipment used for material extraction, crushing, and screening. PTO-driven machinery such as crushers, screeners, and conveyors rely on PTO shafts to transfer power from engines or motors to drive the crushing and screening mechanisms, as well as the material handling systems. PTO shafts provide the necessary power and torque to process and transport bulk materials effectively in mining and quarrying operations.
6. Industrial Manufacturing: PTO shafts are utilized in various industrial manufacturing processes that require power transmission to drive specific machinery and equipment. Industries such as food processing, textile manufacturing, paper production, and chemical processing may use PTO-driven machinery for tasks like mixing, blending, cutting, extruding, and conveying. PTO shafts enable efficient power transfer to these machines, ensuring smooth and reliable operation in industrial manufacturing settings.
7. Utilities and Infrastructure Maintenance: PTO shafts find applications in utilities and infrastructure maintenance operations. Equipment like street sweepers, sewer cleaners, road maintenance machines, and drain augers utilize PTO shafts to transfer power from trucks or dedicated power units to perform tasks like sweeping, cleaning, and maintenance of roads, sewers, and other public infrastructure. PTO shafts enable efficient power transmission, ensuring effective and reliable operation of these utility and maintenance machines.
8. Others: PTO shafts are also used in several other industries and sectors where power transmission is required. This includes applications in the transportation industry for powering refrigeration units, fuel pumps, and hydraulic systems in trucks and trailers. PTO shafts also find applications in the marine industry for powering winches, pumps, and other equipment on boats and ships.
In summary, PTO shafts are commonly used in a wide range of industries for power transmission. These industries include agriculture, construction and earthmoving, forestry, landscaping and groundskeeping, mining and quarrying, industrial manufacturing, utilities and infrastructure maintenance, transportation, and marine sectors. PTO shafts play a critical rolein enhancing productivity, enabling efficient operation of machinery, and facilitating various tasks in these industries.
editor by CX 2023-10-21