SWC BH Cardan Shaft Basic Parameter And Main Dimension
Cardan shaft is widely used in rolling mill, punch, straightener, crusher, ship drive, paper making equipment, common machinery, water pump equipment, test bench, and other mechanical applications.
1. Low life-cycle costs and long service life;
2. Increase productivity;
3. Professional and innovative solutions;
4. Reduce carbon dioxide emissions, and environmental protection;
5. High torque capacity even at large deflection angles;
6. Easy to move and run smoothly;
kN • m
|I kg. m2|| m
Packaging & Shipping
HangZhou CHINAMFG Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the design and manufacture of various types of coupling. There are 86 employees in our company, including 2 senior engineers and no fewer than 20 mechanical design and manufacture, heat treatment, welding, and other professionals.
Advanced and reasonable process, complete detection means. Our company actively introduces foreign advanced technology and equipment, on the basis of the condition, we make full use of the advantage and do more research and innovation. Strict to high quality and operate strictly in accordance with the ISO9000 quality certification system standard mode.
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in Cardan shafts relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop new models when there are new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a particular test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all customers with customized PDF or AI format artwork.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have an excellent price principle, when you make the bulk order the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
|Material:||Carbon Steel or as Required|
|Mounting:||Flange or as Per Required|
How do PTO shafts handle variations in length and connection methods?
PTO (Power Take-Off) shafts are designed to handle variations in length and connection methods to accommodate different equipment setups and ensure efficient power transfer. PTO shafts need to be adjustable in length to bridge the distance between the power source and the driven machinery. Additionally, they must provide versatile connection methods to connect to a wide range of equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of how PTO shafts handle variations in length and connection methods:
1. Telescoping Design: PTO shafts often feature a telescoping design, allowing them to be adjusted in length to suit different equipment configurations. The telescoping feature enables the shaft to extend or retract, accommodating varying distances between the power source (such as a tractor or engine) and the driven machinery. By adjusting the length of the PTO shaft, it can be properly aligned and connected to ensure optimal power transfer. Telescoping PTO shafts typically consist of multiple tubular sections that slide into one another, providing flexibility in length adjustment.
2. Splined Shafts: PTO shafts commonly employ splined shafts as the primary connection method between the power source and driven machinery. Splines are a series of ridges or grooves along the shaft that interlock with corresponding grooves in the mating component. The splined connection allows for torque transfer while maintaining alignment between the power source and driven machinery. Splined shafts can handle variations in length by extending or retracting the telescoping sections while still maintaining a solid connection between the power source and the driven equipment.
3. Adjustable Sliding Yokes: PTO shafts typically feature adjustable sliding yokes on one or both ends of the shaft. These yokes allow for angular adjustment, accommodating variations in the alignment between the power source and driven machinery. The sliding yokes can be moved along the splined shaft to achieve the desired angle and maintain proper alignment. This flexibility ensures that the PTO shaft can handle length variations while ensuring efficient power transfer without placing excessive strain on the universal joints or other components.
4. Universal Joints: Universal joints are integral components of PTO shafts that allow for angular misalignment between the power source and driven machinery. They consist of a cross-shaped yoke with bearings that transmit torque between connected shafts while accommodating misalignment. Universal joints provide flexibility in connecting PTO shafts to equipment that may not be perfectly aligned. As the PTO shaft length varies, the universal joints compensate for the changes in angle, allowing for smooth power transmission even when there are variations in length or misalignment between the power source and driven machinery.
5. Coupling Mechanisms: PTO shafts utilize various coupling mechanisms to securely connect to the power source and driven machinery. These mechanisms often involve a combination of splines, bolts, locking pins, or quick-release mechanisms. The coupling methods can vary depending on the specific equipment and industry requirements. The versatility of PTO shafts allows for the use of different coupling methods, ensuring a reliable and secure connection regardless of the length variation or equipment configuration.
6. Customization Options: PTO shafts can be customized to handle specific length variations and connection methods. Manufacturers offer options to select different lengths of telescoping sections to match the specific distance between the power source and driven machinery. Additionally, PTO shafts can be tailored to accommodate various connection methods through the selection of splined shaft sizes, yoke designs, and coupling mechanisms. This customization enables PTO shafts to meet the specific requirements of different equipment setups, ensuring optimal power transfer and compatibility.
7. Safety Considerations: When handling variations in length and connection methods, it is essential to consider safety. PTO shafts incorporate protective guards and shields to prevent accidental contact with rotating components. These safety measures must be appropriately adjusted and installed to provide adequate coverage and protection, regardless of the PTO shaft’s length or connection configuration. Safety guidelines and regulations should be followed to ensure the proper installation, adjustment, and use of PTO shafts in order to prevent accidents or injuries.
By incorporating telescoping designs, splined shafts, adjustable sliding yokes, universal joints, and versatile coupling mechanisms, PTO shafts can handle variations in length and connection methods. The flexibility of PTO shafts allows them to adapt to different equipment setups, ensuring efficient power transfer while maintaining alignment and safety.
How do PTO shafts contribute to the efficiency of agricultural operations?
Power Take-Off (PTO) shafts play a crucial role in improving the efficiency of agricultural operations by providing a versatile and reliable power source for various farming equipment. PTO shafts allow agricultural machinery to access power from tractors or other prime movers, enabling the efficient transfer of energy to perform a wide range of tasks. Here’s a detailed explanation of how PTO shafts contribute to the efficiency of agricultural operations:
1. Versatility: PTO shafts offer versatility by allowing the connection of different types of implements and machinery to tractors or other power sources. This versatility enables farmers to use a single power unit, such as a tractor, to operate multiple agricultural implements, including mowers, balers, tillers, seeders, sprayers, and more. The ability to quickly switch between various implements using a PTO shaft minimizes downtime and maximizes efficiency in agricultural operations.
2. Power Transfer: PTO shafts efficiently transfer power from the tractor’s engine to the agricultural implements. The rotating power generated by the engine is transmitted through the PTO shaft to drive the machinery connected to it. This direct power transfer eliminates the need for separate engines or motors on each implement, reducing equipment costs and maintenance requirements. PTO shafts ensure a reliable power supply, allowing agricultural operations to be carried out efficiently and effectively.
3. Increased Productivity: By utilizing PTO shafts, agricultural operations can be performed more quickly and efficiently than manual or alternative power methods. PTO-driven machinery typically operates at higher speeds and with greater power compared to human-operated or manual tools. This increased productivity allows farmers to complete tasks such as tilling, seeding, harvesting, and material handling more efficiently, reducing labor requirements and increasing overall farm productivity.
4. Time Savings: PTO shafts contribute to time savings in agricultural operations. The ability to connect and disconnect implements quickly using standardized PTO shafts allows farmers to switch between tasks rapidly. This saves time during equipment setup, as well as when transitioning between different operations in the field. Time efficiency is particularly valuable during critical farming periods, such as planting or harvesting, where timely execution is essential for optimal crop yield and quality.
5. Reduced Manual Labor: PTO shafts minimize the need for manual labor in strenuous or repetitive tasks. By harnessing the power of tractors or other prime movers, farmers can mechanize various operations that would otherwise require significant physical effort. Agricultural implements driven by PTO shafts can perform tasks such as plowing, mowing, and baling with minimal human intervention, reducing labor costs and improving overall efficiency.
6. Precision and Consistency: PTO shafts contribute to precision and consistency in agricultural operations. The consistent power supply from the PTO ensures uniform operation and performance of the connected machinery. This helps in achieving consistent seed placement, even spreading of fertilizers or chemicals, and precise cutting or harvesting of crops. Precision and consistency lead to improved crop quality, enhanced yield, and reduced waste, ultimately contributing to the overall efficiency of agricultural operations.
7. Adaptability to Various Terrain: PTO-driven machinery is highly adaptable to various types of terrain encountered in agricultural operations. Tractors equipped with PTO shafts can traverse uneven or challenging terrain, allowing implements to operate effectively on slopes, rough fields, or hilly landscapes. This adaptability ensures that farmers can efficiently manage their land, regardless of topographical challenges, enhancing operational efficiency and productivity.
8. Integration with Automation and Technology: PTO shafts can be integrated with automation and technology advancements in modern agricultural practices. Automation systems, such as precision guidance and control, can be synchronized with PTO-driven machinery to optimize operations and minimize waste. Additionally, advancements in data collection and analysis allow farmers to monitor and optimize machine performance, fuel efficiency, and productivity, further enhancing the efficiency of agricultural operations.
By providing versatility, efficient power transfer, increased productivity, time savings, reduced manual labor, precision, adaptability to terrain, and integration with automation and technology, PTO shafts significantly contribute to enhancing the efficiency of agricultural operations. They enable farmers to perform a wide range of tasks with ease, ultimately improving productivity, reducing costs, and supporting sustainable farming practices.
Can you explain the different types of PTO shafts and their applications?
PTO shafts (Power Take-Off shafts) come in various types, each designed for specific applications and requirements. The different types of PTO shafts offer versatility and compatibility with a wide range of machinery and implements. Here’s an explanation of the most common types of PTO shafts and their applications:
1. Standard PTO Shaft: The standard PTO shaft, also known as a splined shaft, is the most common type used in agricultural and industrial machinery. It consists of a solid steel shaft with splines or grooves along its length. The standard PTO shaft typically has six splines, although variations with four or eight splines can be found. This type of PTO shaft is widely used in tractors and various implements, including mowers, balers, tillers, and rotary cutters. The splines provide a secure connection between the power source and the driven machinery, ensuring efficient power transfer.
2. Shear Bolt PTO Shaft: Shear bolt PTO shafts are designed with a safety feature that allows the shaft to separate in case of overload or sudden shock to protect the driveline components. These PTO shafts incorporate a shear bolt mechanism that connects the tractor’s power take-off to the driven machinery. In the event of excessive load or sudden resistance, the shear bolt is designed to break, disconnecting the PTO shaft and preventing damage to the driveline. Shear bolt PTO shafts are commonly used in equipment that may encounter sudden obstructions or high-stress situations, such as wood chippers, stump grinders, and heavy-duty rotary cutters.
3. Friction Clutch PTO Shaft: Friction clutch PTO shafts feature a clutch mechanism that allows for smooth engagement and disengagement of the power transfer. These PTO shafts typically incorporate a friction disc and a pressure plate, similar to a traditional vehicle clutch system. The friction clutch allows operators to gradually engage or disengage the power transfer, reducing shock loads and minimizing wear on the driveline components. Friction clutch PTO shafts are commonly used in applications where precise control of power engagement is required, such as in hydraulic pumps, generators, and industrial mixers.
4. Constant Velocity (CV) PTO Shaft: Constant Velocity (CV) PTO shafts, also known as homokinetic shafts, are designed to accommodate high angles of misalignment without affecting power transmission. They use a universal joint mechanism that allows for smooth power transfer even when the driven machinery is at an angle relative to the power source. CV PTO shafts are frequently used in applications where the machinery requires a significant range of movement or articulation, such as in articulated loaders, telescopic handlers, and self-propelled sprayers.
5. Telescopic PTO Shaft: Telescopic PTO shafts are adjustable in length, allowing for flexibility in equipment configuration and varying distances between the power source and the driven machinery. They consist of two or more concentric shafts that slide within each other, providing the ability to extend or retract the PTO shaft as needed. Telescopic PTO shafts are commonly used in applications where the distance between the tractor’s power take-off and the implement varies, such as in front-mounted implements, snow blowers, and self-loading wagons. The telescopic design enables easy adaptation to different equipment setups and minimizes the risk of the PTO shaft dragging on the ground.
6. Gearbox PTO Shaft: Gearbox PTO shafts are designed to adapt power transmission between different rotational speeds or directions. They incorporate a gearbox mechanism that allows for speed reduction or increase, as well as the ability to change rotational direction. Gearbox PTO shafts are commonly used in applications where the driven machinery requires a different speed or rotational direction than the tractor’s power take-off. Examples include grain augers, feed mixers, and industrial equipment that requires specific speed ratios or reversing capabilities.
It’s important to note that the availability and specific applications of PTO shaft types may vary based on regional and industry-specific factors. Additionally, certain machinery or implements may require specialized or custom PTO shafts to meet specific requirements.
In summary, the different types of PTO shafts, such as standard, shear bolt, friction clutch, constant velocity (CV), telescopic, and gearbox shafts, offer versatility and compatibility with various machinery and implements. Each type of PTO shaft is designed to address specific needs, such as power transfer efficiency, safety, smooth engagement, misalignment tolerance, adaptability, and speed/direction adjustment. Understanding the different types of PTO shafts and their applications is crucial for selecting the appropriate shaft forthe intended machinery and ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
editor by CX 2023-10-01